For the first time in over two years, I’m going on a real vacation. I’m excited, but I’m also really nervous…
Nervous because…I’m not traveling alone. It’s the first time in over two years that I’m traveling with a guy…since well, a messy divorce and trust issues.
So I came up with tip of how to travel when you’re in a new relationship:
- Don’t be afraid to poo. So, for whatever reason in new relationships, there’s this thing where people are afraid to poo in the other person’s place. Don’t worry, everyone poops and your boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/crush/wolverine knows that you poop, even if you don’t do it at their place.
- Pack as you normally would. Don’t try to pack light, if you don’t normally. And don’t pack super heavy if you’re a carryon only type traveler. Just do you.
- Tell them what you want or don’t want to see. Be honest. There’s nothing wrong with being agreeable, but don’t be a doormat to make someone else happy, make sure you see/do what you want too.
- Bring your own stuff. This includes credit cards, cash, phone chargers, etc. It’s always better to have backups in case someone forgets or loses something. Also, if you’re slightly morbid like me…you never want to be completely dependent on someone should stuff go wrong.
- Have fun and oh, sign up for frequent flier and rewards points for places you go, because it’s never too early to start saving/amassing points for your next journey.