Last night was the much-anticipated release of Season 6 of Game of Thrones and the show’s writers updated us on the many storylines, which didn’t really help to advance the plot on any of them, as a lot of the characters are more or less where we left them. To recap:
- Arya is still blind (for now).
- Margaery is still in prison (for now). Sidenote: Did anyone else get a weird lecherous vibe off of the high sparrow when he visited her?
- Daenerys is still in need of rescuing and Jorah and Daario are still looking for her (again, for now).
- Cersei still hasn’t exacted her revenge (say it with me, “for now”).
- And Jon is still dead (please please please, only for now).
<Sigh> And it seemed like this episode was really short. But, we do still have a GoT inspired knowledge to add to our lessons learned pile:
I mean, really, they can. Who knew that a necklace could offset a cloak so well?
Predictions (because, why not? Everyone else has one.)
- Arya will get her vision back – because, duh. And also because the red woman alluded to it a few seasons ago when they met.
- Lady Mel will bring Jon Snow back (because otherwise, I will cry). But I’m guessing it won’t be for a few episodes yet.
- Sansa is going to amass an army of sorts and storm Winterfell (is it too much to hope that she or Theon gets to kill Ramsay?).
- The house of widows & Daenerys – I’m hoping she can free those ladies. And that some of them are witty – not lame and depressing.
- Jaime Lannister might die. I know, I know. But I feel like I need a crazy one in here. And also, now that most things/people keeping he and Cersei apart have been removed…I feel like that story arc may get kind of boring.
- Winter is coming – I mean, they keep saying it, so it’s bound to happen at sometime. Maybe this season’s finale will have the white walkers approaching Castle Black.
Also, for giant foodie nerds like me – you can nosh on Game of Thrones inspired foods whilst watching the new season. I tried out some delicious carb options that I found from the Google machine 🙂 and I highly recommend them –
- Bread and salt – be sure to start this a few hours before you’re ready to watch as the dough has to rise a few times before putting it in the oven.
- Honeycakes – which I’ve officially nicknamed Sansa-Cakes, since she liked them so much last season and they’re seriously a show stealer (as she’s likely to be this season).