You’ve been warned, spoilers and theories below.
Season 6 Episode 2 gave fans (are there fans that didn’t want it to happen?!) what we’ve wanted since leaving us with Jon Snow bleeding in the snow at the end of Season 5. Finally! They also gave us an update for our life lessons by Game of Thrones – no one loves you like your dog. Everyone left that room, except for Ghost. He never gave up.
Aww. Dogs are great. 🙂
But back to our topic of today – the Genesis of Jon and why the writers behind Game of Thrones are ready to reveal it.
#1. Jon coming back to life makes his background relevant to the story again. It’s true. If he were actually gone, while some of those mysteries would continue to tickle many fan brains, they wouldn’t necessary be solved (which is the worst). Now we can find out if Jon has a real claim to the Iron Throne, as so many fans believe…
#2. Bran Stark, Three-Eyed Raven, and time travel = GoT mystery wagon. Yep. While Bran is supposed to learning about how to defeat the white walkers, the three-eyed raven lets him see his father, uncle, and Hodor as children as well as Lyanna…And if Bran can control where they go, why wouldn’t he watch as much as he could?
R + L = J …..but which R?
<Sigh> Jon…Lyanna makes you a Stark. As for your father, who knows? But I hope we find out this season.
And now for more Season 6 forecasts:
- Awkward reunion at the Wall… Jon to Olly: Remember that time you tried to kill me? lols. Now go clean my chamber pot.
- Arya gets new eyes…but how?
- Sansa shows up at Castle Black slightly ahead of Ramsay’s men and convinces him to help her retake Winterfell. Side note: Does being murdered mean that Jon’s life dedication to the night’s watch has been served?
- Amusing anecdotes when Brienne of Tarth meets Tormund Giantsbane (pleeeeease?)
- Jaime and Cersei versus the High Sparrow…and maybe Jaime’s death.
- And where the f*ck is Baelish? I don’t want to say I’m missing him…but I’m missing him.
- Hodor’s background solved, but what will it be? Kicked in the head by a horse? Hurt by someone named Hodor? Something happened to him that caused Benjen to become a crow?
Just a few days left until the next episode. Are you ready?